Southerndreams – Wildlife Photography
I’m a professional Field Guide, a Lion Warrior, and a Wanna-Be-Semi-Professional-Photographer. My husband Fred and I immigrated from Germany to South Africa in 2008 and we were lucky to be able to travel the continent for 3 years in 3 long and many short trips. In 2012 we finally settled down in the Cape Town area and started to work again, but were always able to escape to the bush twice a year. Only from 2008 to 2012 we traveled about 150.000 km in our first ever 4×4 vehicle, a Mitsubishi Pajero. More about us …..
From all our journeys I have hundreds and thousands of pictures. While my focus was first on documenting our journeys, it moved more and more towards the wildlife photography. I don’t shoot in RAW, this would consume too much of my time, I don’t want to become this famous photographer, I want to TELL STORIES. Go to our blog ….
From our first trip through Africa in 2008, that brought us in 9 weeks from Johannesburg via Botswana and Namibia to Cape Town in a rented 4×4, we fell in love with the Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park. Since then, we’ve been to park about 16 or 17 times.
The animal that I’ve probably taken the most pictures, is the African Lion, a fascinating species, part of the BIG FIVE, which is sadly driven to a soon extinction. In 2018, only 20.000 wild Lions are still existing on Earth and only 7 countries are known to contain more than 1000 animals. Read more about the extinction of the Lion species …..
Please enjoy my pictures and stories. I’ve been taking pictures all over Africa in many countries of the continent. These 40 lion pictures are just a small fraction of my library. Anyone who may need an image for marketing purposes, please send me a message and will send it to you for free use in the best available resolution.
- Kgalagadi Spotted Eagle Owl – Owl in a Hole
- Shadow Part II – The Lesholoago Leopard – Kgalagadi Trip February 2018
- Shadow Part I – The Bosobogolo Lion
- Lions4Lions – why lions are endangered to become extinct soon
- World Lions Day 2017
- Ellies Galore!
- The “Good luck, bad luck or tough luck” tour 2011 or NEXT YEAR WE WILL defintitly GO TO Angola – Rwanda – Burundi – Zimbabwe ……
- Day 111 – 121 – The long way back home – Pictures
- Day 111 – 121 – The long way back home. From Ruaha National Park via Malawi to Cape Town
- Day 110 – 24.7.2011 Pictures
- Day 110 – 24.7.2011 One last day in the bush of Tanzania
- Day 109 – 23.7.2011 Pictures
- Day 109 – 23.7.2011 Birds, lions and birds at the Ruaha River
- Day 108 – 22.7.2011 From Baobab Valley Camp into Ruaha National Park
- Day 107 – 21.7.2011 Baobab Valley Camp
- Day 106 – 20.7.2011 The TanSwiss Lodge
- Day 105 – 19.7.2011 A day at South Beach
- Day 104 – 18.7.2011 At Kipepeo Camp in Dar es Salaam
- Day 103 – 17.07.2011 Snow at Mount Kilimanjaro